Hosted by The Betty and Boo Chronicles
1. The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 – December 31, 2010. You’re welcome to join anytime.
2. Memoirs, letters, diaries, and autobiographies count as reads for this challenge. (Basically, if you think it is the stuff of memoir, it counts.)
3. Overlaps with other challenges are allowed. Audiobooks and e-books are also allowed.
4. Participants are encouraged to read at least 4 memoirs/diaries/letters/autobiography books in 2010. Of course, more are fine!
I LOVE memoirs. I read plenty in 2009 and plan to continue in 2010. Not sure at the moment, what I’d like to read but books I’ve had on my radar for some time and that I need to be reminded of include:
- My bridges of hope : searching for life and love after Auschwitz by Jackson, Livia Bitton
- A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
- Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi AliL
- Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger’s by John Elder Robison
- Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Extraordinary Mind of an Autistic Savant by Daniel Tammet
- All the Fishes Come Home to Roost: An American Misfit in India by Rachel Manija Brown
- Survival In Auschwitz by Primo Levi
- The Cage by Ruth Minsky Sender
- In My Hands: Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer by Irene Opdyke
- The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls
Plus I hope to read memoirs for the Social Justice Reading challenge as well. We shall see what happens.