- The challenge starts on January 1st 2010 and ends on December 31st (but we don’t mind you starting early.)
- You don’t have to make a list beforehand (but you can, of course! Lists are great because they give ideas to people who aren’t sure what to read. And if you do make one, don’t feel forced to stick to it!)
- We simplified the levels of participation: you can be a Beginner (3 Comics or Graphic Novels), Intermediate (3-10) or an Expert (10+). You’re more than free to adjust your level of participation after the challenge has begun.
- There will be mini-challenges! Look for a post with more info on that soon.
- Overlaps with other challenges are totally fine.
I will be choosing the Intermediate level at 3-10 and in addition to whatever I may pick up this year will also read the Cybils finalists in the graphic novels category which will be announced January 1st.
Cybils Finalists in Graphic Novels:
- Creepy Crawly Crime by Aaron Reynolds
- Adventures in Cartooning: How to Turn your Doodles Into Comics by James Sturm
- The Stonekeeper’s Curse by Kazu Kibuishi
- The Secret Science Alliance and the Copycat Crook by Eleanor Davis
- Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight (read 2009)
- The Dreamer: The Consequence of Nathan Hale by Lora Innes
- Gunnerrigg Court: Orientation by Tom Siddell
- Crogan’s Vengeance by Chris Schwiezer
- Edgar Allan Poe’s Tales of Death and Dementia by Edgar Allan Poe
- Outlaw: The Legend of Robin Hood by Tony Lee